Friday, October 1, 2010

Love

Hey guys. As I am typing, I am actually in a state of busy because I need to pack and leave for a weekend retreat with some of the guys from church. My mom insists that I hurry up and leave, but I really need to post something here. So, I’m going to do what I did on Sunday and post something that I’ve already written.

On my Sunday post “Ramblings of a Lovesick Freshman” someone left a not saying that I shouldn’t say that I love someone unless I’m absolutely sure I do. While didn’t say that I loved anyone in the post (read it here to see), I do agree that love is not anything to be taken loosely. A couple years ago I wrote this piece. It’s on my hi5 and also on my Facebook, but I decided to post it here again because it kinda shows the importance of love (and because I have no time to type anything else).

 

Love. One of the most powerful words in our universe. A word that had enough power to make The Almighty Being sacrifice Himself to save an entire world. A word whose power is disastrous when wielded in the hands of mere mortals. Through the ages, there is no other power that shaped our civilization than love. It has saved the lives of many and brought the deaths of untold billions. It was responsible for the rise of kingdoms and their destruction. It has broken many hearts and has healed just as much. It has caused cities to be built and forest to reclaim the land. It is our greatest blessing and our most horrifying curse. But what is it exactly? We abuse this word every day without ever truly knowing what it means. Is it that warmth that you felt when you were held against your father’s chest when you were little? Is it the rapid heartbeat and sweaty palms that you feel when that special person holds you? Is it the feeling that made you give your little sister the last bowl of cereal even though you haven’t had any yet? Is it the driving force that makes men die horrible deaths for a piece of earth called their homeland? Is it all of these? Or is it none at all? Love is the most terrifying and beautiful double edged sword of all legend, wielded by heroes, and useless in the hands of the peasants. A sword that should not be wielded until it is fully understood. And, once every now and then, one human comes along, with the knowledge to wield a weapon so vastly powerful, with such skill that it shakes that world’s foundations. In these hands, the hands that wield the power of love, lies humanity’s ascension or its demise.

Yeah, I do enjoy writing sappy stuff. Bye guys!!

Oh, one more thing. Since I’ll be at the retreat on all day Saturday, I won’t be able to post anything so there’ll be no “Mythical Creature Saturday” post. I’m sorry and I hope to see you guys on Sunday!!! Byes!!

1 comment:

  1. hope you have some fun on your weekend retreat and get some inspiration for your sunday post :P

    ReplyDelete