Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ramblings of a Lovesick Freshman

Hey guys, I was busy with church today and I have pile of stuff to do for tomorrow, so I don’t have time to write a proper blog post. So I decided  to show you something that I’ve already written.

Here’s the story: In the first semester of my first year, I was head over heels for this girl in my faculty. So much so that I decided to write her something to tell her how I feel. But I chickened out and never gave it to her. It’s been a long while since that and I found what I had written for her in one of old notebooks. Here’s how it goes:

I am far better with writing than saying stuff out loud, so I am going to write this down in the hope that I can get my voice out. The truth is, if I told you I love you, I would be lying. But if I said that I didn’t, I guess I’d be lying as well. You see, I don’t really know how I feel and I want to have a chance to find out. I want to get to know you. You’re one of the most wonderful and beautiful girls I have ever met. Your very presence numbs my tongue and twists my thoughts beyond recognition. I know what I want to say, but I can't find the courage within me to do so. But what I fear most of all is that one day, I could lose you, and I can’t stand to see that happen. So, what it all boils down to is that I want a chance to get to know you, and  maybe, a chance to love you.

I promise that tomorrow I’d have proper post that isn’t as embarrassing or sappy as this one. See you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. I love you? Thats an incredibly powerful word selection say rather you like her alot or you have a crush on her, only say those words to the person you absolutely love and can see yourself with because you can never take back those words and they are BINDING 1 Cor 13 love in its purest form is something you DO not feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Thanks Anon...but I hope you notice that I never said that I loved her. I just said I wanted a chance to see I loved her.

    ReplyDelete