Monday, September 13, 2010

The Artistic Engineer

Hey. I'm Jeremiah Oji. I'm 21 and I'm in my second year of Industrial Engineering. First things first :Why exactly am I blogging?

Last night, before I fell asleep, I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about all the stuff I spent my day looking up on the internet. I thought about how teenagers and young people, my age and younger, were all over the internet, showing off what they did be it comics, videos or blogs just like this one. Some were were awesome, some were stupid, and some were just plain boring. But whether or not they succeeded in what they had intended to do, they all succeeded in one thing: they got someone, somewhere in the world, who otherwise didn't even know they existed, to hear their story. To see the world through a new pair of eyes. And so, as a someone whose burning passion is to write -any and everything-I thought that I would join this train. That I would write a daily blog on pretty much anything I felt that I need to write, post it here, so that someone elsewhere would get a little glimpse of me and what's it like to be me. To see the world with new eyes. So starting today and continuing as long as God spares life (or until I get bored and lose interest), I'll post little something from my writing.

As for the name of the blog, that's still up in the air. Some of my friends said that it was good, some said that it was boring, and said that it was alright. But here's the reason for the name:

There's a rumor that goes around campus-and I daresay, the world at large- that engineers are good at only two things - science and math. And unless you have some inherent fascination with either of those, you tend to find them both rather boring. Well, you see that's not true. Despite my current academic trajectory, I am very interested in the more artistic side of life, especially writing. I'm the artistic engineer. And this is my domain. But let me know if you guys come up with any better suggestions.

So until tomorrow, farewell.



Oh, I almost forgot. As I mentioned, my inspiration for the idea of a blog came from young people across the world, but I really must give credit to two people in especially:

A beautiful YouTuber named Kimmi Smiles
check out her channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/kimmitalks
Her zombie videos are full of win!

The other person is a fellow blogger/writer/playwright/artist/generally awesome person Elizabeth Marie Thræn. Support her daily blog here http://ersatzeloquence.blogspot.com/

Well, bye!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this. And I'm really glad to have helped inspire you! It's an honour. :)
    Ah, the never-ending "battle" between math/science and art. Stereotypes place them far apart, but I think they're much more related than we give them credit. Well, good luck! Have fun! Blog away!

    ReplyDelete