Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Weekliversary!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen! It has been exactly one week since I started this blog. Does it seem like such a short time to you? Because for me, it was one of the longest weeks of my life. Looking back, I guess I didn’t really know what blogging entailed before this week. It’s not about just sitting in front my laptop night after night and typing complete randomness. Every time I published a post, it was like I was discovering a little part of myself that I didn’t know existed. Some of the things I wrote were things that I’ve always known, but never thought about with such sharp clarity. These self discoveries didn’t come easy, and I have feeling that they’re going to become even more difficult in the future. But this week has also brought some of the best experiences I’ve ever had. So I’m going to list some of them (the ones that I remember!) in this post

September 13th: The Artistic Engineer
This blog was little more than and idea, but a firm idea at that. That night, I agonized over what to name it, finally decided to stick with “Artsy Engineering”. I will never forget the out-pouring of support that came from my friends when I posted the first link of Facebook. My friend, Elizabeth’s comment boosted my confidence in my blogging abilities. I was on an emotional high for the rest of the night.

September 14th: Perfect Imperfections
I was afraid that all the initial excitement from the first day would die down, but to my surprise, the momentum kept right on going. I was even more thrilled when Elizabeth decided that her blog post for the next day was going to be based on mine. It's a really good feeling to know that you had inspired the person that inspired you.

September 15th: Slow Me Down
This post garnered a view from someone in Japan! Being a fan of all things Japanese, I was uberly happy over that one view.

September 16th: Fellowship
This was one of my shortest blog posts, and I thought that it probably wouldn’t have that much of an impact. That was until one of my friends messaged me on Facebook and told me how much the post had meant to her. She didn’t know it, but I almost cried when I read her message. I felt so stupid that I had underestimated the how much my writing could affect people. It was probably the biggest encouragement that I had had all week.

September 17th: Indecisive
This was one of those learning experiences that I was talking about above. I had to dig deep down to find something to write about. And in the end the answer presented itself in the most unexpected and novel of ways.

September 18th: Mythical Creature Saturday – Zombies
I was honestly worried that this was going to flop. But the general response I got was that it was ‘very entertaining’. I didn’t know that I could do ‘very entertaining’.

And today, one of my friends stopped me in one of the hallways at school, shook my hand and told me how much he enjoyed my blog and that I should keep it up.

I started this blog with the goal of letting others see life through someone else’s eyes. And after one week I realized that I was nothing only allowing others to see life differently, but I was also seeing life differently myself. So as I continue on this journey of self discovery, I ask you guys to come along with me. Without you, these posts mean nothing. I’m sure I left out a lot of the things that you guys helped me learn this past week and I want to thank you all from the depths of my heart. You have no idea how much your input and support mean to me. Hopefully as we continue, we’ll discover much much more, together. When I’m with you guys, I’m never alone.

“Blog = speaking out loud. Its like taking a megaphone louder than a bomb exploding and telling everyone your message.” – Gerard R.

See you guys tomorrow!!

P.S. I want to give special thanks to Shanu and Justin. You’re the best supporters a blogger could have!!

2 comments:

  1. i like this post !

    sorta like a feedback on what you thought about your own blog entries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dammit i see my name - all the best in your future blogs and endeavors =)

    ReplyDelete