Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wrong Turns and Right Choices

To be completely and totally honest with you, I really didn’t feel like writing this post. I came home really late from school after learning what has to be the one of the most exhausting mathematical methods in existence. Tomorrow is the first IVCF meeting of the semester, and I have to fast all day. I feel tired and cranky and I would like nothing more than to curl up in my bed and sleep, but I have to post. I’m probably going to read this tomorrow and feel stupid.

Anyway, after my incredibly late and tiring class, I walked over to the shuttle stop to see if could catch a ride to the other side of the campus. Somehow, the power was out over that whole block of the university, so I had to stand and wait in the dark. When the shuttle came around, I could have sworn that when I read the destination on the front, it said that it was going to TGR car park on the other side of the school, so I hopped on. As soon as the shuttle went through the back gate, I figured that I probably didn’t read the destination sign as well as I thought I did. Instead of boarding the on-campus shuttle, I had gotten on to the shuttle that drops people off at their apartments in St. Augustine and Curepe. To complicate things, the shuttle was filled entirely with girls, so ifI were to step off the shuttle behind any of them on a dark, lonely street in front of their apartment, I’d look like a total stalker. Luckily, I know all the streets in the area, so I was never really lost. The shuttle eventually stopped in Curepe junction, where I could drop off without looking like a wannabe rapist, and catch a maxi taxi home.

Apparently my weird mind manipulated the entire thing and somehow pulled a life lesson out of it. Sometimes, we all feel like we’re headed in the wrong direction. Things don’t seem to be going our way, opportunities don’t line up and nothing seems to be going the way you want it to. But that doesn’t mean that everything won’t end up alright. Sometimes all we need to do is just stick with it a little while longer. It may not end up that way we want it to. In fact, it may end up quite differently than what we expected. But in the end we’d walk away, happy all the same. And who knows? Maybe we’d learn some weird philosophical lesson from it.

P.S. I’m sorry if I sound abrasive, but like I said, I’m rather cranky right now. I promise tomorrow that I’ll have a less grumpy post.

Bye guys!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great journey home...shuttle full of girls mhmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an awesome story ! i look forward to hearing this in person !

    ReplyDelete