Friday, September 17, 2010

Indecisive

Up until a couple minutes ago, I had absolutely no idea what this post was going to be about. I woke up sorta late today and still felt tired, sat down through two boring lectures (unless you count discovering the ergonomic significance of the brushing cutlass as interesting which, I must admit, kinda is), and as soon as I got home I jumped back into my bed because it was raining. And everyone knows you don’t pass up good sleeping weather unless you absolutely have to. So here I am, after my nap, staring at a blank blog template, wondering what in the world I should post about. One of my friends had suggested that I find a bunch of topics before hand so that I can have something to write about on off days. But it was little too late for that. I thought maybe I should write about my blog stats, which I seem to be obsessed with as of late, but that seemed too silly. I even thought that I should maybe just forget about today’s post and just write a small apology in tomorrow’s. But I knew that if I skipped today, that there was nothing keeping me from skipping tomorrow and the day after that, and eventually, my blog would just shrivel up and die from neglect. So I had to write about something.

I was still drawing a blank when my mom asked me to do some of the dishes. While in the engaging in the monotony of the familiar job, I began mulling over some random ideas. I thought that maybe I could write about my friends in school. Maybe I could talk about Vasu,the friend I had from high school who kept me from being one of those many lost freshmen by showing around on my first day since we were doing all the same courses. I could write about Timmy, the one friend I always prayed I would have some day. Or about Alyssa, the borderline crazy friend who is kind enough to give me a ride home as often as possible, without making me pay for gas. Or Justin, who kindled my interest in comic books, which helped complete my transformation into a genuine nerd. Maybe I should write about people who I don’t want to name for one reason or the other. The girl who I find myself staring at during lectures, hoping that miracles do happen. The guy friend who pisses me off like no one on earth could, but who I am still friends with. The girl who Vasu nicknamed ‘Bella’, partially because she looks like Kristen Stewart, and partially because of an embarrassing ‘sparkly vampire’ quip I made the first time I met her (don’t ask me what I was. I’m never repeating that. Ever.) About the friend who messaged me on Facebook and told me how much one of my posts had encouraged her, and in turn, encouraged me to keep posting. Maybe I could write about that.

Or maybe I could write about my writing. About the new zombie story that I decided to write after watching Kimmi Smiles’ videos. I could write about the two other superhuman blogs I started writing back when I was obsessed with Heroes, and how I desperately need to set aside time to to continue writing them. About my Facebook short-story “Whispers of The Light” which only has one chapter because every time I write the second chapter, I’m never pleased with it, so I delete it and start over. About all the stories I’ve written through out high school: Priceless Revenge ( a crime drama) , Echo Squadron X (a science fiction story) and Beasts of Armageddon (a fantasy apocalyptic piece), all of which lie piled up on the space saver in my room. Writing material can be writing material too, right?

Then my mind really started to stray. I started thinking about all the weird dreams I have. About my one view my blog got from someone in Japan (which made me more excited than you can possibly imagine). About the crazy idea I had about drawing a manga, or how sometimes I get so wrapped up in my thoughts that I sit down and talk to myself until my mom yells at me to stop before I go crazy.

All these things flew around my mind like the fireflies from that Owl City song, colliding with each other and exploding into brilliant flashes of light. All these things to write about, and still nothing to write about. When people usually think about writer’s block, they think about drawing a blank and being unable to think of anything to write. I was thinking of too many things to write. And as walked back to sit in front of my laptop, a thought hit me. Why not write about the things you want to write about? Why not take your entire thought process and turn that into a post? Then maybe one day you can go back and take each of them and turn them into their own special posts. So that’s exactly what I did. And as I did it, I realized that life is way too interesting to ever run out of things to write about. Everything that you are capable of conceiving can be written down. There will never be nothing to write about.

Who knows? Maybe one day I’ll write a post about an ergonomically built brushing cutlass.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha awesome!a blog about the things you want to write :) btw if you ever feel up to it post some links to your older stuff i know personally i'd like to read a few epic stories :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole post is how I feel every single day.

    "But I knew that if I skipped today, that there was nothing keeping me from skipping tomorrow and the day after that, and eventually, my blog would just shrivel up and die from neglect. So I had to write about something."

    That goes through my head every day too. Especially early on. It's slowly gotten easier, but there are still plenty of times I just really want to skip a day.

    ReplyDelete