Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shanu

Today's post is about on of my best friends, Shanu.

Now, this is one cool dude. He was the main guy that supported me when I was starting this blog. He even helped me with choosing the name for it and posting links and stuff to garner support. When I went on a retreat and couldn't post my daily link he did that for me. If you go back to to very first posts, you'd see that he commented on them to get me started. Aside from his help with my blog, he's a pretty awesome guy. He's one of the five us who went on epic Japs runs, during which we would point and laugh at the most retarded of things. Shanu is one of those people you can talk crap with for hours and not get bored. He's definitely one of my closest friends in the world.

But we'd didn't always used to be friends. In fact, at on time, we were worst enemies. I remember in Form 2 (my second year of high school for those of you who have a different schooling system), I hated this guy's guts. Seriously, I did. When I first started high school, I was picked on a lot for one reason or another, and Shanu and his friends were major participants in that. Now physically, if I stand next to Shanu, I am a great deal taller than he is, but back then, he was the one that was more intimidating. I remember having a Ericcson flip phone (yes just Ericcson, not Sony Ericcson. This was prior to the buy over :p). I wasn't supposed to keep in my schoolbag, but I couldn't check it in like I was supposed to so I kept it. Shanu and one of his friends found out about this somehow,snuck into my bag and a Crazy Glued the flip to the keypad. When I tried to open it later....well, let's just say that you should never crazy glue your phone shut. Shanu and the other guy got found out, and they apologized and the other guy had to pay to get my phone fixed, but yeah I hated him real bad.

And then suddenly I didn't. I don't remember exactly when it happened. All I know is that one they I wished he'd die, and the next, we were hanging out. I seem to vaguely remember it starting in Form 5 (fifth year of high school) but that's all. I used to think that I'd never want to be friends with this guy, and now, I can't imagine how life would be if I wasn't.

So you see that person who you really really hate. Don't give up and being friends with them. Don't ever say or do something that could really hurt them. Yes, you may be saying "Jeremiah, you have no idea how much I hate this person!!", but that's exactly the way I felt about Shanu. You never know what the future has for you guys. You could go from worst enemies to best friends. And you'd wonder why the hell you hated them in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. ahhahhaha yes! my name is on the internet i am famous! finally the day has reached when i can disown you as my friend! mauahahahah jk ;p yes i asked for it >< and i got it the raw truth and some suppressed memories has resurfaced ...again....i am really sorry! :P a box of japs would fix this ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd already forgiven you years ago..but hey, why refuse a perfectly good box of Japs! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, what would the international readers think?

    ReplyDelete