Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Back!

I hate excavators.

Like really really really hate them. I know that they are an important piece of machinery and that if they didn't exist we wouldn't have all the wonderful architecture and buildings that we have today, but that does nothing to quell the burning anger boils in me and the bitter taste that coats my tongue ever time I see one of these cursed pieces of machinery. Why do you ask? Why do I hate excavators so much? Is it because they made noise that kept me up at night? Is it because they caused a horrible accident that killed a puppy? Is it because one of them hit my wife and killed our unborn child? (though I must admit if something like that had actually happened, I would hate excavators a lot more than I do now.)

No, it was because I had to build one. And if you think that that is no reason for someone to hate excavators, then you have obviously never tried to build one. Not until you struggle with and 18 equation matrix from which you must calculate the bore size of you hydraulics or try to calculate the mass eccentricity of your vibrating plate compactor or make up a giant table on things that could possibly go wrong with your excavator then you would begin to understand my sheer loathing for this device.

But enough about that. The project has come and gone and has taken a great deal of the last two weeks with it. I haven't been able to write my NaNoWriMo ( I am currently about 7000 words behind schedule) or post on my blog. It was so intense one day that I had to get someone else to do my Bible Study! Again...enough about that. It is time to move on with my life. I have so many things to look forward to!! Like...finals. *sigh* Life can be so depressing sometimes.

Yeah, I have finals in just about a week and I am definitely not as prepared for it as I should be. So I'm going to try to finish up all my NaNoWriMo stuff and get right on that. Since I've been away for so long, I'm going to try to post during finals. Yes, I know it's very risky, but I'll just have to make shorter posts.

But at least for now and the forseeable future, I am back to posting daily. I want to thank you guys for not abandoning me and you can look forward to more awesome posts in the future. I love you all and I'll see you tomorrow.
Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I have faith in you. NaNo finals blogging-- you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I left out commas. That's what I get for trying to multi-task too much.

    ReplyDelete