Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas, Finals and Writing

There is nothing more depressing than hearing Christmas music before finals. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. That moment when your heart swells and soars with the sound of music that conjures up thoughts of gifts, parang (Trinidadian/Spanish Christmas music) and plenty, plenty food. You could almost taste that ham!

And then the thought of finals falls on top of you like a giant boulder, crushing your happy thoughts and dragging you down to the depths of despair...yes, I am being a tad bit melodramatic. But nonetheless, finals are on the way, and like every year, I feel like I'm nowhere near prepared for it, even if it's three weeks away (THREE WEEKS?!? So close?! *gulp*), only because I probably am nowhere near prepared. Which would lead you to ask the question "Well, why not go study?" Well, my dear readers, if I knew the answer to that, then I wouldn't be feeling ill prepared. And now I here that the lecturers want to strike by withholding our exams. Oh, the drama.

And then there's Christmas. Yes. A time of fun, friends and...catering. My mom is caterer and she gets most of her business at this time of year so at Christmas time, my house is some kind of crazy. Even though my work load isn't intense during that time, it's still significant. But I can't say that I don't like it. There's something heavenly about a house that smells like an entire Christmas dinner everyday. I'm really going to miss catering at Christmas time when I leave home.

And then there's my writing. I'm 2 days behind on my novel so I plan to stay up however long it take tonight to catch back up to where I'm supposed to be. That's going to be extremely difficult. I plan to print it out at the end of my finals, edit it during December and re-write it. And maybe, just maybe (BIG maybe) see about getting it published...if I could get past how horrible the prose is. I'm trying real hard to balance all my writing stuff and school and it's been working out pretty good...I think.

It seems I have lot to look forward to. I hope and pray that everything works out for the best. And that's about it. No life lesson today. Just a little update.

I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment