Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'll See You Tomorrow

I was going to do a post on some local controversy concerning a journalist, but right before I did, I found out something that shook me to the core, so I decided to write about that instead.

So one of my friends posted on her Facebook status that she had to say bye bye to her Blackberry. Reading it, I assumed that she'd lost her phone. Apparently it wasn't a simple as that. You see, she was traveling home when a guy pointed a gun at her on a maxi and took her phone away. Needless to say, she's extremely traumatized.

Now, it seems silly to think that someone who was just robbed at gun point to say that they miss their BB, but I guess that's what we all do in a manner of speaking. We take all the big things for granted, and we angonize over the small, unnecessary ones. I wouldn't have thought twice about anything happening to my friend, and I would have woken up tomorrow thinking, "Hey, I'm going to see that person today." And I would have been wrong. It could have ended up all so very different and I would have one friend less tomorrow. As I type this, I feel like crying. I feel stupid for not being thankful that all my friends and family are all alive and in good health and I've never really lost anyone close to me. I wake up everyday and expect everything to be perfectly normal and think that my life would carry on as usual, never considering the fact that at any moment, death could take someone and just like that, I'd never see them again. Never tell them that joke I wanted to, never give them that anime I'm supposed to bring. Never tell them that there's a Savior who loved them enough to die for them.

We shouldn't take tomorrow for granted, because it's not granted. God gives tomorrows and God withholds them. So today, right now, go that person that you've been meaning to tell something and tell them it, whether it be a joke, or just simply telling them that you love them.

I'm happy that I'll be able to see my friend tomorrow, and hopefully many many tomorrows after that.

And you guys too! I hope to see you tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment