Monday, December 6, 2010

Never Saw It Coming

You know those times when you study really hard for an exam, and there's this one topic you focus on and you study it really really hard so that you know it back and front and upside down? And then when you open the exam paper...it's not there? Yeah, that's what happened to me today. (Seriously Dr. King. Would it have killed you to bring an error budget question?). Anyhow, I managed to get through the rest of the paper. I'm probably not getting the A that I was hoping for, but at least I won't have to do the course over.

But I guess such is life. You plan, you prepare and you make sure everything is just right so that you can make that image you have in your head come to life and make a bright future for yourself. And then something happens out of the blue. You get a phone call about a friend that changes your life. The university you were planning to go to goes bankrupt. Your family gets into a car accident and all the money that was supposed to pay for your college tuition goes to paying the insurance or something crappy like that. Then what are you supposed to do?

The answer is simple: Keep doing it. There's a line in The Sound of Music which is fairly popular. It goes"When God closes a door, He opens up a window." A bend in the road is the not the end of the road. There is always something else you can do, some other path to take. Nothing is never completely ruined, unless of course you're dead. It may not work out the way you expect it, must the most wonderful things in life rarely do.

That being said, I have no idea how to apply this to my exam incident, expect for it making me want to study everything.

See you tomorrow!! (maybe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment