Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011?

With the new year quickly approaching, people all over the world are trying to find out exactly what is in store for them, and as a result, there are several psychics, prophets and the like coming out of the woodwork, attempting to see into the future and give predictions. Looking around, I found everything from a prediction that an earthquake is going to severally damage California, to the prediction of the Third World War. Needless to say, I don't expect any of these to come true. And even if they do, they are way to wide on non-specific to be actual predictions. There is enormous political tension between countries all over the world that could explode at any time, and there is a massive fault line running through California. People have been attempting to do this for years, failing miserably and rejoicing at the closest hit they get.

Now I get why people would be apprehensive about their future. Who wouldn't want to know what problems they're going to run into along the way, how to avoid them, what exactly is coming on that extremely hard exam, and exactly where and when to be so that you could catch that 'particular' person's attention. But what about along the other things? What about those days when you feel as if it's the worst day of your life, and suddenly something wonderful happens? Would you really want to ruin every happy surprise you have for the year? And what about those problems that turn out to be blessings in disguise? Would you want to avoid those?

Personally, I wouldn't want a cheat sheet for the next year of my life. I want to dive in and enjoy the pain and the joy equally. I want to embrace my surprises and face my problems with a grin. They are what make me a better person (e.g. NaNoWriMo). I don't need to know what happens in 2011. That's pretty much up to God. I can try to point my life in the direction that I want it to go, but if things don't work out the way I want, I won't be overly worried. Life is meant to be lived to its fullest, and that's what I intend to do.

See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment