Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resoultions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! *confetti*

Well with the first day of the year quickly coming to a close, (I swear, time really doesn't like us if it keeps running away like that), it's time for me to partake in an age old ritual that comes with the dawning of every new year: New Year Resolutions.

Now recently, I've found that many people are against the entire New Year Resolution idea, and they have some valid points. Our New Year Resolutions are usually unrealistic, and they are things that we never do, or can't do for very long. But I don't think that those are reasons to not make them. Sure, we could all do with setting more realistic goals for ourselves, it's the truly unrealistic things that take us out of out comfort zone. Sure, we may not be able to do it, but just the exprience of trying to do something makes us grow. For example, let's say that I made a New Year Resolution to jog a mile everyday. I do it for the first 3 weeks and then I stop. Most people would say that that was a failed resolution, but in my book it isn't. That's 3 more weeks of running than I would have if I didn't. And who knows, maybe you'll be able to actually do it. I made resolution last year to write a novel. And guess what? I DID! So here are my resolutions for this year

1) Resume archery practice : I used to practice archery and I was pretty good at it before I stopped for reasons I cannot recall. I figure it's time I start back.

2) Jog often: My crappy engineering timetable may hamper this, but I figure I should exercise more regularly

3) Write TWO novels: Hey, I'm never going to get anywhere if I don't try to outdo myself.

4) Spend less time on Facebook: FOR REAL!!! I'll stop short of disabling it completely because I need it to administrate my Bible study, get info for school from friends, and post daily links.

5) Make a YouTube vlog: I figure that I spend enough time watching vloggers on YouTube, I feel that I should start my own. Not full time, but at least a couple of videos for the year.

6) Learn to draw anime: Just because.

7) Get and maintain a GPA over 3.0: Because that's always good.

8) Write a song: Despite my writing ability, I've never been able to write a song. I'm going to challenge myself to do that this year.

9) Maintain this blog: It's very easy for me to lapse into laziness and stop blogging. I really hope I can avoid that.

Hopefully, I accomplish all of these goals. What are your New Years Resolutions?

See you tomorrow!!

P.S : it appears that I am not the only engineer who blogs. My friend Mitera who's in Mechanical Engineering, has a blog called Surrender and Be Free, where she posts little philosophical tit-bits for time to time. You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment